“so you’ll arrange for that to go down…”
“OMG!!! There’s a hole in my leggings!!”
“oh no. when did it come about?”
“i have no idea. i don’t really look at my legs.”
we were midway in our discussion at work when i was fidgeting slightly and happened to place my hand on my knees and felt skin. you know somethings up when you aren’t wearing a skirt and you feel skin. five minutes later, it ceased to bother me. no one will look at my knees, anyway :)
i love meetings :) especially those where people come together and build one another. where laughter rules. and work gets done with ease too, of course. we frequented our usual meeting hangout but the atmosphere was a tad different this time. in fact, it was pretty adverse. the thunderous jay chou album playing at concert-volume in the well, foreground reverberated across the walls and when i had to shout the grace out so that everyone could hear me, i knew we had to move out.
the place we moved to was cosy and quiet. well, okay – it wasn’t that quiet anymore after we moved in.
but when we moved in, favor moved in with us.
1. there was a nice place for us! it isn’t easy finding a place for 9 on fridays. it was a breeze.
2. there were only two customers when we came in but it a few groups streamed in right after we sat down.
3. they said they closed at 10pm but they remained open till 1030pm (yes, just for us – cause we were the only ones left) They only told us once that they were closing, yes, not closed – there is a difference! and didn’t ask/tell/hint to us anymore after that :)
4. we enjoyed our discussion sans the shouting cause we were able to hear each other really well.
5. we even got to use their restroom before we left.
a night that began horribly with thunderous music ended with a bang (no pun intended) that wasn’t short of being spectacular.
the synergy in the group, the dynamics, the ideas, the bond and the fellowship – was ONE LEVEL UP.
it wouldn’t have been the same if we had remained there.
if we hadn’t moved out of our comfort zone, out of a familiar place.
the music could have affected us – our mood/feelings, etc. but we didn’t let it. it didn’t stand a chance.
if any, it drove us to a better place.
the ball is in our court to get the better of those emotions or let those emotions get the better of us.
i’d go with the former.
sometimes it only takes a spark, to get that fire burning.
stay cool and don’t let those little foxes spoil the vines.
i wonder what that hole in my leggings was for :)